New Year 7 learners uniform update 2019/20
If you are joining Dudley Academies Trust at one of the following schools in 2019/20, then please read the following important uniform update:
- Beacon Hilly Academy, Sedgley.
- Pegasus Academy, Dudley.
- St James Academy, Dudley.
- The Link Academy, Netherton.
We are pleased to announce that all new Year 7 learners joining one of our schools in 2019/20 will be gifted with a free blazer and tie.
Details will follow however; we wanted to ensure you were made aware in the first instance.
At Pegasus we believe all learners should be proud to wear their uniform and respect our school uniform policy. The main Academy uniform is available to purchase from A.Oaks Ltd school uniform supplier, based at 30 Churchill Shopping Centre, Dudley, DY2 7BL. The Academy P.E. Kit is available from Maple Workwear, Units 2 & 3, Chapel Street, Netherton, Dudley, DY2 9PN.
Our uniform policy allows every member of our school to feel equal, irrespective of their background. By wearing the school uniform our learners can feel smart and professional in their learning and prepared for the world of work.
Wearing the school uniform with pride also allows our learners to represent DAT positively in the local community and beyond.
- Learners must wear their tie at all times.
- The tie must be kept in good condition with no pulls or graffiti and with no accessories attached (such as hair grips).
- Learners must wear their school blazer at all times when in the school building with the exception of break/lunch when they are permitted to remove the blazer should they wish.
- Learners are not permitted to wear a jumper or a cardigan under their blazer.
- Learners must not wear their blazer with rolled or pushed up sleeves.
Skirts and Trousers
- Learners must only wear black trousers or skirts.
- If a learner wears a skirt it must reach at least the top of the knee at all times including when walking (it is unacceptable for the skirt only to be the correct length if the learner pulls it down).
- A variety of skirt styles are permitted including box pleats, A-line, pencil.
- Leggings, denim and jeans are not permitted.
- Learners may wear a plain black Shalwar Kameze.
- Learners must wear a white shirt under their blazer.
- Both long and short sleeved shirts are permitted.
- The shirt must be long enough to be tucked into the trousers or skirt.
- The shirt must be tucked into the trousers or skirt all the way around the waist at all times.
- The shirt must be buttoned up to the collar at all times with the tie clipped on.
- Long sleeved and/or coloured t-shirts must not be worn under the school shirt.
- Learners are required to wear formal, smart, black leather, suede or patent shoes to school.
- Learners are not permitted to wear trainers.This includes black leather trainers including those without markings.
- School shoes should have no visible branding (whether the branding is in a different colour or black) including Nike ticks or sporting logos.
- If learners choose to wear black ballet pumps, these should be plain black without any accessories, such as studs.
- Boots are not acceptable (a boot is defined as anything that touches or comes above the ankle bone).
- Belts must be black with plain buckles.
- Decorative buckles of any description will not be permitted.
- Hair accessories such as bows, flowers and wide Alice bands are not permitted however; thin Alice bands can be worn.
- Only natural hair coloured dyes are permitted.
- Hair should be no shorter than a grade 1 and no design lines/patterns are allowed
- Plain black headscarf (if worn).
- Learners are not permitted to wear nail varnish.
- Acrylic or false nails must be removed for school.
- No make-up is allowed unless to conceal a skin complaint/condition. In this instance learners are permitted to wear subtle skin make-up: foundation; tinted moisturiser; concealer.
- Skin make-up will not be classed as subtle if it leaves a mark on the collar of the learner’s shirt.
- Jewellery is limited to the following:
- one small ring of religious significance only and a note from a parent/carer is needed in the planner;
- one small, plain, metal stud in each ear;
- a watch.
- No facial piercings, such as nose studs, are permitted.
- Stretcher-style piercings are not permitted under any circumstances.
- No jewellery is permitted to be worn at all for PE lessons.
- If a learner is required to wear jewellery for medical reasons, suitable medical evidence must be provided to school.
Compulsory P.E. Kit
- Official Polo-shirt with academy badge
- Official Shorts with academy badge
- Official Football socks
- Trainers (non-marking soles)
- Suitable bag to carry kit
Optional P.E. Kit
- Official Reversible top with academy badge
- Football boots